Much of our work involves advising on risk management to avoid problems arising in the first place.
But where things go wrong, we can advise you on the best way of resolving a dispute, whether it be through negotiation, mediation or court proceedings.
In terms of avoiding court proceedings, our accredited mediators can advise on alternative dispute resolution and we are well placed to put into place mediation to settle disputes.
However, where it is necessary to pursue matters through the courts, we have significant experience of dealing with the County Courts, most divisions of the High Court, also appearing regularly in the Court of Appeal, and dealing with corporate prosecutions for regulatory offences in Magistrates/Crown Court.
Some of the areas in which we can assist:
- Insolvency and recovery – working closely with insolvency practitioners on contentious issues arising from insolvency, including possession of property in bankruptcy cases.
- Intellectual Property – disputes over trademarks, registered and unregistered designs and copyright – for example for bottle designs, shapes etc.
- Contractual/Commercial disputes – common issues arising include wrongful termination of distribution agreements, for example with outsourced logistics contracts, as well as disputes with employees.
- Debt Collection – we operate a bespoke and efficient debt collection service on a fixed fee basis.
- Professional Negligence – arising from professional bodies such as accountants, property and construction advisors.