Recent deals & projects
Christopher has advised clients solely within the hospitality sector for more than 25 years and specialises largely in property acquisitions, disposals, volume letting and estate management work for hotel operators, pub companies, restaurant groups and brewers. He also handles general estate management work, from the perspective of both landlord and tenant.
- Buying and selling large property portfolios.
- Advising leading multiple operators of pubs and restaurants on ongoing leasehold acquisitions in premium shopping centre and retail park locations.
- Dealing with portfolio estate management.
- Negotiating options, pre-emptions and conditional agreements.
- Acquisitions of distressed business assets out of pre-pack administration or sales from administrators.
- Property aspects of securitisations/refinancing for a wide range of hospitality businesses – for example, refinancing of a 1,000+ public house estate.
- Dealing with all related issues including the sale and purchase of stock and fixtures and fittings, employees (including the application of TUPE), VAT, Capital Allowances and warranties.
- Advising national and regional brewers and pubcos on competition issues and the regulatory framework, including the statutory code for tied pub estates.
- Drafting standard tenancy and franchise documents, including obtaining Crystal Mark (plain English) accreditation.